Welcome to Current Concepts in Pharmacy Management, Volume 2, an informative video presenting highlights of the ASHP Annual Meeting
2000. Hosted by Bill Gouveia, MS, Director of Pharmacy, New England Medical Center, Boston, MA, this program lets you share the
stimulating insights enjoyed by the meeting's attendees in a vareity of areas. Topics include:
- Update on the Insitute of Medicine Report on Building a Safer Health System (Dennis Seric, PhD, Phillip J. Schneider, MS, FASHP, M. Patricia
- Health Care Fraud and Abuse 2000 (James G. Sheehan, Esq., David Bates, MD)
- JCAHO Update: Focus on the Survey Process (Darryl S. Rich, PharmD, MBA, Michael Marbevicius, RPh)
- Bioterrorism: The Pharmacist's Role in Developing a Preparedness Plan (David S. Teeter, PharmD, MS)
- Clinical and Economic Impact of Bacterial Resistance in a Health System (David E. Nix, PharmD, Edward Armstrong, PharmD, BCPS)
- Utilizing the Internet for Patient Education (Joyce Serrano, PharmD, Patrick Malone, PharmD, FASHP, Nyasha Mack, PharmD)
- Preparing the Pharmacy for Emerging Gene Therapy (Barry Goldspiel, PharmD, FASHP, Karen N. Hale, MPH, RPh)
As an added bonus, three ASHP presidents (Bruce E. Scott, MS, FASHP, Max L. Hunt, Jr., MS, FASHP and Paul Abramowitz, PharmD)
discuss their views on the dynamic relationship between ASHP and its members, as well as future directions for the organization.
Don't miss out on this exciting update of the ASHP Annual Meeting 2000. We look forward to seeing you at the next ASHP meeting.
Total Running Time: 20 minutes
Produced by Davids Productions, Ind. Montville, NJ.